Herring Networks is committed to creating a great environment for its employees. In addition to our fast-paced and stimulating production setting, we also invest a tremendous amount of effort in career development and enrichment – and we try to have a little extra fun whenever we can! In a continually evolving creative workplace, we believe it is essential to help nurture the ideas that will develop into tomorrow’s high definition programming.
There is no narrow prescription for success at Herring Networks – this is a community that embraces new ideas. We attract a diverse collection of artists, technologists, production and support staff who all share a passion for excellence. Our staff comes from around the world and from all different levels of experience and educational backgrounds.
We are continually looking for both experienced leaders and enthusiastic emerging talent. If you are interested in joining Herring Networks, we invite you to introduce yourself using the form below and attaching your resume.
Experienced Social Media Manager (San Diego)
OAN broadcasts 21 hour-long news broadcasts a day, delivering hard news headlines on national and world events. We foster a team-oriented environment of positive, hard-working individuals. Candidate role is to help expand, maintain social media and web presence.
- Engage with users on all owned social media channels. Moderate Discussions, lead engagement.
- Set goals for driving social media channel growth (followers), engagements (comments / shares per post), reaching specific personas and other KPIs.
- Provide recommendations on ways to optimize or revise full E2E social media engagement process in order to deliver against established SLAs.
- Develop and maintain One America News Network newsletter.
- Must have an excellent command of the English language, spelling, and grammar.
- Expertise in social media planning, execution, tracking and measurement, and the tools needed for those tasks.
- Write clear, fact-based, unbiased TV news scripts in correct broadcast style.
- Maintain a strong understanding of national and international current events.
- A solid understanding of established and emerging social media channels.
- Ability to effectively and quickly communicate to end-users and internal departments details of complex situations.
Will direct, program/code, and oversee the production of daily automated newscasts. May also be called upon to work on various production roles for other One America News or AWE programs. Experience directing live automated newscasts or live television preferred.
Daily tasks include but are not limited to working with producers and the news team to help with all in-house productions, build playback reels, dubbing/archiving footage, patching/routing HD-SDI video and audio signals for various in-studio productions, editing news packages, and helping with various jobs needed to accomplish daily programming deadlines. Knowledge of basic television studio and control room operations are necessary.
Will be tasked with managing One America News Network’s newsroom. This includes overseeing the creation of newscast content and the management newsroom staff. Candidates should have prior newsroom management experience.
News Writer/Associate Producer
Assist anchors and producers with news writing and rundown stacking for our daily newscasts. May be asked to produce newscasts and other content as needed. Understanding of news writing techniques are necessary. Newscast producing experience and experience with AP ENPS a plus.
News Video Editor
Edit news video and anchor/reporter packages using Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere while following standard journalism principles and anchor/reporter instructions. Editors must be able to work under tight deadlines. Must also have experience with non-linear video editing.
Will produce and anchor daily newscasts. Understanding of news writing and journalism standards are a must. Candidates must also have the ability to ad-lib during live breaking news situations and work well with writers and producers. Experience with AP ENPS is a plus.
Comments or questions are welcome.