Herring Networks is committed to creating a great environment for its employees. In addition to our fast-paced and stimulating production setting, we also invest a tremendous amount of effort in career development and enrichment – and we try to have a little extra fun whenever we can! In a continually evolving creative workplace, we believe it is essential to help nurture the ideas that will develop into tomorrow’s high definition programming.
There is no narrow prescription for success at Herring Networks – this is a community that embraces new ideas. We attract a diverse collection of artists, technologists, production and support staff who all share a passion for excellence. Our staff comes from around the world and from all different levels of experience and educational backgrounds.
We are continually looking for both experienced leaders and enthusiastic emerging talent. If you are interested in joining Herring Networks, we invite you to introduce yourself using the form below and attaching your resume.
IT Administrator / Broadcast Engineer (San Diego, CA)
Herring Networks a national cable network is seeking to fill an immediate opening for a IT Administrator / Broadcast Engineer role in its San Diego headquarters. Applicants should have a back ground in supporting a wide array of server and client desktop systems. Along with the ability to work on their own and solve complex problems and systems failures. Work schedule may include working evening and weekend shifts.
• 5 years industry experience
• Experience working in a 24/7 live news environment
• Keen understanding of television standards (SD, HD, Digital, Analog, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to support and configure Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux client and server operating systems
• Direct experience with broadcast automation, broadcast play out servers, and IP transmission
• Handling of HD camera installation and operation
• Experience using microphones, IFB, and audio dynamics
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud suite
• Control of routers, intercom systems, switchers, and mixers
• Extensive knowledge with live broadcast support
• Edit and video expertise
• Experience with closed captioning, XDS, and AFD
• Hands on maintenance of general computer hardware and software
• Experience with configuration of managed IP Networks.
• A background in end-user support / Helpdesk.
Please send resume and salary requirements
DC Based ENG Videographer/Editor
Make your mark in news gathering from our Nation’s Capital. National cable news channel, One America News Network is seeking a full-time ENG Videographer/Editor for its Washington, DC based news bureau located steps away from the US Capitol. Our crews cover the news makers on Capitol Hill and around Washington, DC.
Candidate will be responsible for visual coverage of news interviews events, along with editing. Experience with ENG gear and techniques is a must. Expertise with LiveU live transmission gear is desired. Position requires editing material to match script.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in ENG videography and editing. Experience with LiveU transmission equipment is desired. Must have non-linear, news package editing expertise. We are seeking a reliable team player that is detail-oriented, able to follow directions, and has the desire to join a dynamic crew working under tight deadlines. Some travel will be required.
Will produce and anchor daily newscasts. Understanding of news writing and journalism standards are a must. Candidates must also have the ability to ad-lib during live breaking news situations and work well with writers and producers. Experience with AP ENPS is a plus.
Comments or questions are welcome.