Saudi Arabia threatens action against those responsible for attack on facility

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 1:40 PM PST – Sat. September 21, 2019

Saudi officials threaten to take appropriate action against the culprit of last week’s attack on an oil facility.

Saudi authorities said Saturday they are still investigating the September 14th attack, to find out who is responsible.

ADDS QUTOE – Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Minister Adel Al-Jubeir, leaves a press conference in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Saturday, Sept. 21, 2019. “The more engagement you have with Iran the more Iran believes its aggressive behavior is acceptable in the world and that is not acceptable so those issues need to be considered,” Adel al-Jubeir said. (AP Photo/Amr Nabil

Yemen’s Houthi rebels initially claimed they conducted the assault, but Riyadh is blaming Iranian officials.

In the wake of last week’s attack, President Trump has deployed troops and military equipment to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

“We are in consultations with our allies and friends with regards to the next steps that we need to take,” said Adel Al-Jubeir, Former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Saudi Arabia “We are awaiting the final results of the investigation with regards to the attack and in particular where it originated from, so that we can build a response on that.”

Meanwhile, Tehran has denied any involvement in the attack, adding it was conducted by Houthi’s angry over Saudi attacks in Yemen.