Gen. Milley says military remains steadfast through electoral process


FILE – In this Sept. 24, 2020, file photo, National Counterterrorism Center Director Christopher Miller testifies during a Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee hearing on Capitol Hill in Washington. President Donald Trump fired Defense Secretary Mark Esper and has replaced him with Miller. (Tom Williams/Pool via AP, File)

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 7:11 AM PT – Friday, November 13, 2020

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is standing in support of President Trump’s newest Pentagon appointment.

Earlier this week, Gen. Mark Milley delivered remarks alongside the newly named acting defense secretary, Christopher Miller, who replaced Mark Esper on Monday.

Despite mainstream media claims that the military may be at risk of corruption, Gen. Milley reiterated the commitment by service members to uphold their oath to support and defend the Constitution.

“And the motto of the United States Army for over 200 years, since June, 14 1775, the motto has been ‘this we will defend’ and the this refers to the Constitution,” stated the chairman. “And to protect the liberty of the American people.”

His message followed similar assertions from Secretary of State Mike Pompeo who said this week that his department was ready to continue defending the nation throughout the entire electoral process.

RELATED: Secy. Pompeo: There will be a smooth transition to second Trump administration