Don Jr. on alleged Kenosha shooter: We’re waiting for due process

Donald Trump Jr., speaks as he tapes his speech for the first day of the Republican National Convention from the Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium in Washington, Monday, Aug. 24, 2020. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh)

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 1:50 PM PT – Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Donald Trump Jr. has said he is waiting for “due process” to play out before he makes an informed decision about Kyle Rittenhouse. The 17-year-old allegedly killed two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin last month.

On Tuesday, the president’s son was asked why he or his father’s administration have not condemned Rittenhouse for his alleged actions.

He admitted that “we all do stupid things at 17.”

FILE – In this Aug. 25, 2020, file photo, Kyle Rittenhouse, left, with backwards cap, walks along Sheridan Road in Kenosha, Wis., with another armed civilian. (Adam Rogan/The Journal Times via AP, File)

“We’re waiting for due process, we’re not jumping to a conclusion. …If I put myself in Kyle Rittenhouse’s shoes, maybe I shouldn’t have been there. He’s a young kid. I don’t want young kids running around the streets with AR-15s. Maybe I wouldn’t have put myself in that situation, who knows? We all do stupid things at 17. …We all have to let due process play out, let due process take its course.” – Donald Trump Jr., son of President Trump

Don Jr. also touched on Black Lives Matter, a movement that he disputes in his new book “Liberal Privilege.”

MORE NEWS: Donald Trump Jr. Says Joe Biden, The Radical Left Are Now Coming For Our Freedom Of Speech