September 13, 2017
The number of victims in mysterious sonic attacks against the U.S. and Canadian embassies in Cuba rises to 21 as more American diplomats have reported strange symptoms.
The State Department said the latest victims were affected in the same attacks reported previously as no new incidents have happened since late August.
The number of victims could increase further as symptoms are delayed.
The incidents first started to occur in the fall of 2016.
The Union of American Diplomats says the victims suffered a mild traumatic brain injury, which explains the brain swelling, headaches, cognitive disruption, and partial hearing loss.
U.S. officials are in the process of investigating the exact cause and the culprit.
The Cuban government denies all claims of planting sonic devices in or around the homes of U.S. diplomats, and are allegedly conducting their own investigation.